Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home?

I know, the title isn't in Spanish. Weird. But it's about time for me to start transitioning back into English, no?

I remember before I came realizing that it was soon when I could look at the 10-day weather forecast and know what the weather was going to be like when I arrived. Now I only need one more day past the 3-day forecast that automatically shows up until the weather here in Paraguay doesn't affect me anymore.

I'm leaving on Monday, so this is probably my last post in-country. The last week has been crazy and busy and wonderful. I have my final presentation in the office tomorrow morning, and then I'm done, and have the weekend to hang out with people and pack up. I'm excited to go home where the plumbing always works and I have my own bedroom and a job that I get paid to do, not to mention my family and friends, but...

I'm happy here. A deep-down, satisfied, comfortable kind of happy. And there's so much work left to be done. That's not to say they can't do it without me, of course they can. And this kind of work will never be done. Maybe I'm just not done. But life calls; school calls.

I will try to write a couple more times with more general reflections on my experience here, once I've had time to readjust to life back in the States and consider it all more completely. Thank you all for following along on this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Dear one-
    What a great time you have had! Love all your posts and pics! (Pics are really quite stunning!) So glad you are well. Hate to think we will miss you AGAIN! We leave Monday for our boat cruise and won't get back until 8/21-22 or thereabouts. Safe travels to you. I hope you are revelling in your accomplishments this trip has prodcued! xoxoxoox P&J

    ReplyDelete