Wednesday, July 14, 2010

¡Corrí!

This really has nothing to do with the work I'm doing here or even the fact that I'm in Paraguay at all, but the fact that it happened while here makes it fair game: for the first time in the three months since I injured my knee, I was able to go for a run the other day! Again in the spirit of honesty, I'm going to qualify that statement: according to my wonderful Physical Therapist, for the first week I'm allowed to run for 8 minutes every other day. Next week I get to run for a whole 12 minutes every other day. And then 15 minutes two days on, one day off the following week. You get the idea. Not much running really, but hey, you have to start somewhere, right? Right. And I'm pretty excited about it.

In other news, Winter has finally arrived here in Paraguay. It is cold. It was 37 degrees when I woke up this morning, and here's the fun part: neither the office nor our house are heated. Both have air conditioning, which I'm sure is actually more important considering how hot it gets here in summer, but heat feels pretty important too right about now. The solution? Lots of clothes and lots of tea. Mostly lots of tea. Paraguayans like tea almost as much as I do. Almost.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, 37 degrees and no heat!! I don't think even copious cups of tea would solve that one for me! Will it stay this cold the whole time you're there??? Congrats on the run. Hope it didn't hurt. xo

    ReplyDelete